Chimney fire damages home in St Augustine Street, Taunton

TAUNTON Fire Station has released a picture of the devastation caused by a chimney fire in the county town yesterday (Saturday).

Crews from Taunton and Wellington tackled the fire in St Augustine Street shortly after 9am.

A woman who had managed to get out of the home was taken to Musgrove Park Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

The ground floor of the property was 80 per cent damaged by fire and the first floor was 100 pre cent damaged by smoke.

The image shows a firefighter investigating the extent of the damage in the downstairs lounge,

Somerset County Gazette | News