Commercial van fire in Castle Street, Nether Stowey

The owner of the commercial vehicle contacted the fire and rescue service about the incident in Castle Street, Nether Stowey.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Shortly after arriving on scene and liaising with the owner our crew established that there was a gas cylinder in the rear of the vehicle, but not involved in the fire, which was quickly removed to a place of safety.

“The fire, which started accidentally, was quickly under control and extinguished by 12.31pm, using one hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.

“Once extinguished and the vehicle made safe, duty of care was left with the owner.”

This is The West Country | News