Golf trolley battery sparks fire in Roe Close, Bridgwater

A KITCHEN was badly damaged in a fire caused by a golf trolley battery.

Firefighters were called to the incident in a house in Roe Close, Bridgwater, at 3.46am today (Tuesday).

Two fire engines from Bridgwater and one from Taunton attended.

On arrival, fire crews reported that the property was “well alight”.

The fire was in the kitchen of a terraced house.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said the fire was “caused by a golf trolley battery”.

The kitchen was 50 per cent smoke and fire damaged.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Somerset County Gazette | News