FIREFIGHTERS were called out to Morrisons in Taunton after a fire alarm went off in the dry cleaning area this afternoon (Saturday).
Staff discovered a fire in a tumble dryer.
Two fire engines from Taunton Fire Station and one from Bridgwater attended the incident in the Dellars Wharf store at 3.15pm.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said a fire in the Timpson dry cleaning section of the store was out by the time they arrived.
The spokesperson added: “Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots and staff isolated the electrics.
“Crews also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the area.
“Staff were informed and the incident was handed over to the manager.
“The tumble dryer sustained minimal smoke and heat damage.”
The fire is believed to have been accidental.